Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Copy / Paste not working in Elements 3.0 ?

Well THIS one is a new one on me.

I usually use Paint Shop Pro, but due to a problem with it (which I'll address in another post), I decided to use Elements 3.0 which someone bought me as a gift last year but I never got around to using a whole lot.

Ok, so I find a photo on the web that I want to tinker with and practice on. In any other image program this isn't a problem. You simply right-click on the image when viewing it on the web page, choose "copy", switch over to your image editor and "paste" or "paste as a new image" (depending on the program).

So I copy an image. I switch over to my Elements 3.0 workspace, and right click. Nothing. No right click menu. I go up to the commands and click "edit" and "paste" is grayed out on the list. I try "import" under file,and nothing. I have never in my life seen anything like this... why can't I do a simple paste from something on the clipboard into the work area in Elements?

Ideas? Thanks.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Copy / Paste not working in Elements 3.0 ?

Welcome to the Forum!

In order to paste something into Photoshop, you have to have something open to past it into. Once you have copied the image you want to tinker with, go to the File menu in Photoshop and click on New from clipboard. Your copied image should open up for you.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: Copy / Paste not working in Elements 3.0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Welcome to the Forum!

In order to paste something into Photoshop, you have to have something open to past it into. Once you have copied the image you want to tinker with, go to the File menu in Photoshop and click on New from clipboard. Your copied image should open up for you.
    -------------------------

Ok, thanks. It worked.

Seems like an odd extra step you have to take, though. In Paint Shop Pro you just have to open the program, and if you have something on the clipboard you can right-click anywhere in the work space and just paste it without having to create a new work area. Elements makes you judge what size work area you'll need, then paste the pic in, and then you have to crop out the background. Lots more work using Elements, then. But now I know how, so thanks!

Thread Information