Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Canon Pixma Pro9000 - worth it? what else?

so as i'm researching cameras, i see this printer has a nice discount through adorama if bought with the canon 40D(which is the camera i'm looking to get) - would only cost about $120 after rebate. however, I recently bought an epson 3-in-1 printer/scanner/copier for several reasons, none of which was to print photos.

as i get back into photography after a long break, i'm looking for something that I can use to make blank cards and small/med size prints to sell and display. before, 3-in-1's were no match for a dedicated photo printer, so how do they compare today? is the canon printer worth the extra $$ or will my new epson be just fine?

or what do others suggest or do/use to make hard copies of their photos? There is a local lab that does good work but it can be a little pricey.

Re: Canon Pixma Pro9000 - worth it? what else?

The Epson Multifunctions, particularly the Durabrite ink series, will not compete with Canon's Pro9000 Chromalife system. For $120 its a steal, the ink is worth $100 on its own (in combo pack), it is VERY much worth it for such a small price. Definitely go for it.... Sorry for the late response, hope that helps.

Re: Canon Pixma Pro9000 - worth it? what else?

thanks. i got the printer, should actually be here tomorrow along with my camera - that's if i'm home when UPS comes by to drop it off.

i figured for $120 bucks, i couldn't go wrong.

Thread Information