Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Yet another flower. ;)

This one's a new flower taken at my school. This one's my favorite out of the new batch of pictures I uploaded to my gallery.

(Click for a larger picture.)

Shutter Speed: 1/250
    Aperture: F/19
    You are free to edit any of my pictures as you please, so long as you don't claim it is of your creation.

Re: Yet another flower. ;)

thanks for presenting the full size image as oposed to just a crop.

it should be shot portrait mode to get more of the subject and less backgound.. its also ruined by the unnatural backgound in my oppinion.. i cant help but feel anything would be better than what u have..

its easy just to crop stuff away but image quality is lost..

trog

Not a bad execution, but I looked at your gallery, and I think your "Flower Forest 4" has a lot more potential. Frankly, this shot reminds me of the "pods" in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
    tink ewe belly mooch

I invite your casual attention to my family Photo Site

A vertical crop and getting closer would help alot. The BG is very distracting with the line running through it, so try opening up the lens more to blow it out next time. The thing to remember about flowers is that there's many shots of flower heads out there. You need to find a way to make it stand out against those, and make the viewer see what attracted you to the subject in the first place.

Hope that didn't seem too harsh, keep working at it.

Here's an example of what I mean:
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...0/PICT5230.jpg

Thread Information