Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Work

Work

This is where I work, I wanted to test my new lens. It is just a 40-150 stock Olympus lens. How does it look. Sharpness, DOF and is the subject of any interest? Look at it form the prospective of a industrial stand point.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Re: Work

fuzzy in the front and sharp at the rear dosnt always work too well..

trog

I think that I would have cropped a little at the bottom and some on the right, I find the stairs the most interesting element. Your going to love that lens. I almost caught a cop taking a nap with mine today...
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

The areas in focus look sharp enough, although a little usm, or more , might help. I like the industrial scene and also find the stairs area to be the most interesting here. I agree that foreground blur usually does not work well, so if you are going to include a foreground element such as the desk you may want to try focusing on it and letting the bg scene become a bit soft, or, just include a very small amount of it.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information