Why is the case of a maid against a millionaire seizing Singapore?-_95327033_gettyimages-517036422.jpg

She is an Indonesian domestic work assistant who earns S $ 600 (£ 345) per month for working for an extremely wealthy Singaporean family.He is her employer, a business founder in Singapore and the chairman of the country's largest company.

They report her to the slotxo police - igniting what would become a famous lawsuit that will capture the country with allegations of luxury handbags stealing, DVD players and even cross-dressing claims.Earlier this month, Parti Liyani was finally acquitted."I'm very happy that I am finally free," she told reporters through an interpreter. I have been fighting for four years.But her case raised questions about inequality and access to justice in Singapore, with many asking how she would be found guilty in the first place.Ms Parti first started working in Mr Liew Mun Leong's home in 2007, where several family members, including his son Karl, live.

In March 2016 slotxo Mr Karl Liew and his family moved out of the house and lived elsewhere.Court documents detailing the chronology said Ms Parti was asked to clean up his new home and work "several times" in violation of local labor regulations, which she had previously complained about.A few months later, the Liew family told Ms Parti that she had been fired for suspicion that she had stolen from them.But when Mr Karl Liew told Parti that her employment was canceled, she told him: I know why. You're angry because I refuse to clean your bathroom.

She had two hours to pack her belongings into several boxes that the family would ship to Indonesia. She flew home the same day.While packing up, she threatened to slotxo complain to the Singaporean authorities about a request to clean Mr Carl Liu's house.The Liew family decided to check the box after Ms Parti's departure and claimed they had found something inside belonging to them.Liew Mun Leong and his son filed a police report on October 30.Mrs Parti said she was not aware of the matter - until five weeks later, when she flew to Singapore looking for a new job and was arrested on her arrival.Unable to work as she faces criminal charges, she is in a migrant shelter and is on financial aid as the case progresses.

Cross-dressing and pink cutlery Ms Parti was accused of stealing items from Liews, including 115 clothes, a luxury handbag, a DVD player and a Gerald Genta watch.It is said that all merchandise is worth S $ 34,000.During the trial, she argued that the alleged stolen items could be her stuff, a discarded item she found, or something that she didn't pack in the slotxo box itself.In 2019, a district judge found her guilty and sentenced her to two years and two months in prison, Ms Parti decided to appeal the decision. The case continued until earlier this month when Singapore's high court finally acquitted her.Judge Chan Seng Onn concluded that the family had indecent motives to prosecute her. But it has also flagged several issues on how the police, prosecutors and even a district judge handled the case.

He said there was reason to believe the Liew family had reported to the police to settle complaints about Mr Karl Liew's illegal cleaning of Mr Karl Liew's house.The judge noted that several items allegedly stolen by Ms Parti had already been damaged, such as a watch with a missing button and two iPhones that failed, and said it was "faulty". Steal the stolen item Mostly broken In one case, Ms. Parti was accused of stealing a DVD player, which she said was thrown away by her family because it didn't work.