Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: who's lookin

who's lookin

after a while it seemed as if the fish were watching us....

just a quick snap but I can't decide whether the silhouettes of the people work or not...not the best pic by far but a fun capture to share...any ideas and suggestions welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar
    Maybe try and get the two people to face each other and then we would have their silhouttes in a clearer view.Great idea for a pic.I love your work, keep posting and could we have some of your kids ? must be getting big by now.
    Bobby

I'm impressed by the quality of theshot.Strong clear , vivid colors,very sharp which can be difficult through an aquarium glass. I feel the silhouettes arehurting the shot, though.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

try to get silhoettes of their faces next time. I bet it makes a huge difference
    www.DigitalMTB.com
    www.alandavisphoto.net
    "There are no honorable bargains involving the exchange of qualitative merchandise like souls, for quantitative merchandise like time or money." -William S. Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    I'm impressed by the quality of theshot.Strong clear , vivid colors,very sharp which can be difficult through an aquarium glass. I feel the silhouettes arehurting the shot, though.
    the glass on most of the tanks was shockingly clean and the visibility pretty clear...the water was also pretty "clean" in most tanks. I think the general consensus is the silhouettes hinder
    rather than help...thnaks for confirming what I already thoguht...I just wish there was some way to "save" this shot the colors were so vibrant...
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I agree that it probably would ...thanks for lookin at it...
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

pics of the kids

Quote Originally Posted by bobbythebandit
    Maybe try and get the two people to face each other and then we would have their silhouttes in a clearer view.Great idea for a pic.I love your work, keep posting and could we have some of your kids ? must be getting big by now.
    Bobby
    are posted on Viewfinder http://forums.photographyreview.com/...=2605#post2605

I shot one that was more like your suggestion but the colors weren't as vibrant...
    Last edited by natatbeach; 02-18-2004 at 06:21 AM.
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information