Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Who are Those People?

I tried not to shot the face of the people in the photo to express a sense of non-human feeling. The photo was taken with TMax 400@1600. Please comment.
    yoyo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who are Those People?-crop0100-jpg.jpg  

Re: Who are Those People?

Interesting pic. Very good to disguise the faces using the strutcure! My one critique would be to crop a little off the left hand side, just because the top left corner is a tad overexposed! Other then that nice shot,

Jared

Another way you could have gotten the "non-human feeling" was a long shutter. The people would just be blurs. I rather like that idea. An interesting shot though. The black and white is nice too.

Dzerzhinski
    "But what is strength without a double share of wisdom." John Milton

Lost Planet Cameraman #8

Hi Jared and Dzerzhinski,
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions.
    yoyo

great image yoyo,

love the diagonal lines, almost abstract feel about it. the b+w works well here too, the grain very effective. great composition.

one little thing annoying me though, and that is the vertical lines in the background. They're not quite vertical and seem to tilt the image a bit.....i hope you don't mind but i rotated the image in ps and uploaded it here. You can have a look and see what you think.

Again, hope you don't mind, and feel free to tell me i've made a hash of the pic! (i had to crop it a little to get it to work, but you would be able to do it a lot better with the original)

cheers
    anew.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who are Those People?-crop01001.jpg  

Hi anew,
    I am glad you find the picture interesting and am happy that you modified it. The modified version removes the minor elements on the left. Thanks.
    yoyo

I've come back to this shot a few times Yoyo, and its been growing on me, especially after it had been straightened up a bit - I like it.

I think the strong diagonals make for quite a dynamic composition, and it definitely captures something of the faceless anonymity of modern city life, with the people being shifted from place to place like the constituent parts of a machine. Its an interesting shot.

Regards,

matt

Good composition, Yoyo. I like it for the reasons already stated. The diagonal lines and verticals in the bg make a good visual. The hidden faces brings a certain anonymity to the shot. Nice work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

glad to be of help yoyo,

would like to see more work of this style, you could make a great series with photos like this.

anew.

Hi Matt and Gary, Thanks again for your comments and detailed analysis of the pic.
    Hi anew, Thanks for the suggestion. I'll include the theme into one of my projects.
    yoyo

Thread Information