Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

what guys lik about girls

this is a piece that i used for a photography contest for school (i'm still in high school). Although I won, i was unopposed, so yeah. But I wanted to know how i did. It's my first attempt at anything artistic in photography, i guess. For the past year, I've only been doing sports photography for the most part, getting started when I took pictures of my tennis team while I was on the bench. But since than I've upgraded from a konica minolta dimage z1 to a canon 20d w/ a 70-200mm f/2.8L IS with a couple of other accessories. I used the 70-200 for about 95% of the pictures I took for this. Oh yeah, and I was wondering, does anyone know how to calibrate your monitor? Cause, the way the pictures look on my monitor and the way it actually prints is kinda different...thats why the pictures r a bit saturated. Yeah, any comments please. And if the picture doesn't come out...can someone help me upload? I tried uploading, but it said "no document present" or something like that.

Re: what guys lik about girls

These are very good exposures, very good compositions, very, very interesting pictures. Each one tells a specific story. Excellent treatment of light.

You make me love her with your portrayal here.

Excellent job.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Very nice collage work. Your layout is good, with everything focusing your eye towards the pictures, yet not crowding it. You did well with all the pictures, and when there relatively small, you can get away with some things. Nice shot and great use of design,

Jared

thanks for all the comments . Anything I could improve with any of those shots? also, any one know of a guide to calibrating my monitor? or can anyone help me? thanks.

A slight design thing I noticed. When your using a picture with a white background, make sure not to have it overlapping ontop of a darker picture. When your collage's background is white, and you have a white background picture overlapping one, it almost adds a 'hole' to the collage. This, though a weak example, is the one right on the lower right, where she's lying down reading the book in front of the window.

nice collage, For the printing, see if you have an EXIF or equivalent. What kind of printer do you have? I had a lexmark and wasnt real happy with it, but this el cheapo canon is awesome for accurate recreations.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Thread Information