Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Waunita trails

Waunita trails

I took this while spending the night at Waunita Hot Springs Ranch celebrating my son's birthday over the weekend. It snowed hard all day and into the night but after dinner the skies cleared to reveal a full sky of stars.
    I took a series of 120 10s exposures and stacked them using ImageStacker with finishing done in Lightroom 4.
    The foreground is lit by lights from a building behind the camera. The light has a green hue which can be seen in the foreground.

IMGP2896-IMGP3015 by MattB.net, on Flickr

Re: Waunita trails

This looks like a painting. Composition looks fine. Would like to see more details on that skull though.

This is marvelous. It makes me dizzy (as I should feel living on this crazy planet).

Composition is good. I'd try to tone down the foreground just a tad. I'd also photoshop that meteor or airplane trail out near the center of the stars just for consistency on the star trails. Overall, I like the shot. Very nice.

Thread Information