Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Waterskiing

Waterskiing

I haven't posted any waterskiing shots yet this year, so here are some of my better ones. None of these compare to the great one I had last year, but I think these are alright. What do you think?

My Facebook Photography Page (Web-substitute) ~ Nikon D7000 | Sigma 10-20mm | Vivitar 28-85mm | Sigma 70-300mm Macro ~

Re: Waterskiing

#1 needs more room on the right, but the water spray, focus, lighting, clarity, and background are awesome, as is the exposure.

#2 is good as is, the background doesnt really bother me since you have sufficient blur on it.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Agree with Yuck. #1 could use a little space to the right of the skier. I like that reflection in the water though.
    John

I agree as well about the first, but it's hard to get it just right in the frame sometimes. I like the second one better because for me it is sharper and has overall better composition, including the shed in the background. Also in the second, I like the lighting better. Thanks for the comments as usual.
    My Facebook Photography Page (Web-substitute) ~ Nikon D7000 | Sigma 10-20mm | Vivitar 28-85mm | Sigma 70-300mm Macro ~

Hehe, I know what you mean about it being hard to get the framing just right...especially after trying this on the OCEAN....I know I've related that many times, but hey...I mean it
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Thread Information