Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Waddya Mean "You Forgot The Ring"?

Another new experience for me. Shooting a wedding......no, not as the official photog, but another stretching of the photographic legs. This shot is of the groom (center), his brother and best man (right), and the minister (left). I just thought this was so like them, as I've known them both since they were kids. Any suggestions and comments welcome as always.
    John

MB1

Re: Waddya Mean "You Forgot The Ring"?

The brothers without the minister would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    The brothers without the minister would work better.
    Thanks MB. I was wondering though, if just the brothers together would tell the whole story? I kept the minister in for context, but if this is better with just the brothers, then I can crop him out.
    John

drg

At first glance, I think the three expressions work well together.

Not real keen on the overall composition otherwise, might be a tighter shot with a more symmetrical framing (crop) on the right among other suggestions. The hands work but I don't care for where the photo is cropped/framed at the bottom.

Depending upon what they were really talking about, that all may be insignificant and the photo will make an interesting conversation piece in 10 years or so!
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    At first glance, I think the three expressions work well together.

Not real keen on the overall composition otherwise, might be a tighter shot with a more symmetrical framing (crop) on the right among other suggestions. The hands work but I don't care for where the photo is cropped/framed at the bottom.

Depending upon what they were really talking about, that all may be insignificant and the photo will make an interesting conversation piece in 10 years or so!
    Thanks drg......every little bit helps. As to the crop---this is how I shot it, so there's no full length shot. I'll work with other crops to see how it looks.
    John

Thread Information