Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Under the overpass

took a ride today...started here

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Re: Under the overpass

These are really fun J! I like how you have used the fisheye to make all that concrete look like soaring laces. Very interesting! I would level up horizons where possible or else avoid including them in the scene altogether but on the whole these make you want to look twice. It would be a great setting to revisit at different times of day and really make a photo study on their form. Thanks for sharing.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

thanks cl...I'll give that horizon leveling a go

drg

I like the second one the as the distortion seems to work the best. The non distorted elements are in the 'right' place to tie the photo together.

As was mentioned in you Pillar Form rebar insert photo, there's some toning in the sky that adjustments in your post processing would mostly likely fix. This is an extreme form of vignetting common to super wides and fisheyes. Lightening the upper corners(where this kind of distortion is always most noticeable) with a vignettte correction tool/filter or using some noise reduction/smoothing will lessen the darkening effect and produce an even more eye catching sky.

Is this "the road to nowhere" in the greater Miami Area?
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    I like the second one the as the distortion seems to work the best. The non distorted elements are in the 'right' place to tie the photo together.

As was mentioned in you Pillar Form rebar insert photo, there's some toning in the sky that adjustments in your post processing would mostly likely fix. This is an extreme form of vignetting common to super wides and fisheyes. Lightening the upper corners(where this kind of distortion is always most noticeable) with a vignettte correction tool/filter or using some noise reduction/smoothing will lessen the darkening effect and produce an even more eye catching sky.

Is this "the road to nowhere" in the greater Miami Area?

yes!...it heads west into the everglades

I think what frog was mentioning in the rebar photo was the blue to greenish to white gradient look from top to horizon. That was my best attempt at fixing a badly blown out sky. slowed my shutter speed down to 1/30 s in order to get the exposure right inside the tube. thx for your comments.

Thread Information