Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

from two London(s)

Not many people know this, but there's a small city called London in Canada - where I live. it was named after London in England by the pioneers. One of the picutres(with a guy looking down at me) was taken in London, Canada when the Iraqi War just began, and the other one was in UK last Christmas. I like having them put together because it makes an interesting comparison. Two cities with the same name and the same concern.
    But again, I wish I'd done a better job with lighting and composition. What do you guys think =)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails from two London(s)-nikon072.jpg   from two London(s)-londonuk.jpg  

Interesting story, and the shots aren't bad but just not very dramatic. They seem to have a contrast to them, one says more with facial expressions, the other with signs.

The thing is they don't say London to me, they could be alot of places. I've been to London England but not Canada, and I know that London England has some very strong subjects that can give a photograph a sense of place - the hard part is to not take the same shot that's been done a thousand times (this is true many, many places - think Washington DC, etc). I'm sure London Canada has some subjects like this but not being as well known of a place you might have to get creative (good job for a photographer!). Could lead to a lot of good compare/contrast shots.

Useless knowledge: Did'ya know that there are 26 cities named Madison in USA?

surely not! well, did you know that there's place called Paris, Windsor and even Delhi in Canada =)?
    I had some photos from UK that says "England" but those are not, unfortunately, the best shots.
    It seems I always notice what I should've done after I develop the films, not when I take the pictures.
    It's hard to have some 'power' or 'drama' in the pictures-
    well, thanks for the comments =)!

Thread Information