Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: True Grit

True Grit

Stepping out of my comfort zone a little. Long story behing this one.LOL
    Let me know if it works? To busy? To many mid tones? I know what I
    am unhappy with but would like your advise. Thanks.....

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: True Grit

For some reason you have what should be a strong subject, a guy with a gun. Yet, he seems to not gain my focus. It is interesting that he pointing one way and looking at the camera.
    Did you walk into a likker still? lol

I want to like it, but I am struggling to figure out what it's all about. i also noticed the gun pointing one way and the person looking another ...and he seems to be gesturing with the left hand ...not sure why? Compositionally, I think the tree is too much in the center ...and the tent on the right seems not to be adding much ...

Quote Originally Posted by arne saknussen View Post
    For some reason you have what should be a strong subject, a guy with a gun. Yet, he seems to not gain my focus. It is interesting that he pointing one way and looking at the camera.
    Did you walk into a likker still? lol
    Yeah that is what I see wrong, he blends into the BG to much. This is at a place in Rome my dad calls hobo junction. He use to swim in the river at hobo junction when he was a kid. He is almost 80, so for fathers day he wanted to go to hobo junction. Not a safe part of town so he never wanted to go alone. We have been talking of going there for a very long time.
    Hobo Juntion also has a homeless camp. We befriended this guy, Jim and his camera shy friend Mike. He, Jim, struck the pose when he saw my camera. My dad saw some things there he hasn't seen since he was a kid and said it was the best fathers day he ever had. LOL. I admit it was pretty cool. We saw a small cave my dad played in as a child and an old bridge he use to play on. I guess it runs in the family. I have lived in Rome all my life and never knew the bridge was even there.
    Jim and Mike gave use the royal treatment and showed us a lot of things. Tromping through a jungle to get to them.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I think the focus of the painting is being distracted somewhat by the noise of the white trees in the background. ... and a bit by the smaller tent.

Thread Information