Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

The Truckee river in California,

I took this this afternoon while coming back from picking up a load in sparks,nevada.the only thing I did was slightly crop the right sidewhat do you guys and gals think of it.
    whens the next trackday,

Re: The Truckee river in California,

I think the composition is nice. A better time of day. Sunrise or set would help. It could use another element though. I am not sure what? A horse, something. Nicely done though.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    I think the composition is nice. A better time of day. Sunrise or set would help. It could use another element though. I am not sure what? A horse, something. Nicely done though.
    thanks,i was hoping that when i pulled over to check my load,that there would be a couple of flyfishers,but obviously no go,:thumbsup:
    whens the next trackday,

GB1

Yes, nice place and another time of day would be better. I hear Truckie is the coldest place in California. I guess this pic could pass for Nebraska. nice curve of the river.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Yes, nice place and another time of day would be better. I hear Truckie is the coldest place in California. I guess this pic could pass for Nebraska. nice curve of the river.

G
    thank you,my timing just sucks,i can usually only take pics when time allows,usually i am in the go mode,so I don't get many chances to shoot,
    whens the next trackday,

Quote Originally Posted by GB1

G
    Truckee has the record for coldest recorded temperature in the Continental US, if I remember right. Donner Pass is only about 10 or 15 miles from where this photo was taken. That might give you some perspective.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Its great to see a picture of a scene that I am so familiar with. Being an Avid Fly Fisherman I fish the Truckee on a regular basis. Its only about 45minutes from my house. If you happen to shoot this scene again try and tighten it up and wait for a couple of Fly Guys to start fishing. It will change the scene completely. Good job and thanks for the post.
    "There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but only one view"
    "You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus".
    "Whenever man comes up with a better mousetrap, nature immediately comes up with a better mouse."

I'm thinking you can really artzy it up by going sepia and then age it up a bit to make it look like it was taken in the 1880s.

But you should definitely jazz up the sky some.

Quote Originally Posted by byjamesderuvoDHQ
    I'm thinking you can really artzy it up by going sepia and then age it up a bit to make it look like it was taken in the 1880s.

But you should definitely jazz up the sky some.
    good Idea,i am gonna try that this weekend,:thumbsup:
    whens the next trackday,

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon Hiker
    Its great to see a picture of a scene that I am so familiar with. Being an Avid Fly Fisherman I fish the Truckee on a regular basis. Its only about 45minutes from my house. If you happen to shoot this scene again try and tighten it up and wait for a couple of Fly Guys to start fishing. It will change the scene completely. Good job and thanks for the post.
    your advice is much appreciated,I am hoping to be able to get that way again when it is snowing so i can try and get some shots of the river when it is snowing,:thumbsup:
    whens the next trackday,

Oh that would look fantastic. especially if you could get a rising moon in the BG.

Thread Information