Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Tree Frog

Tree Frog

First time seriously getting to use my new 50mm f/2.8...

Not sure what kind of tree frog it was... but made for a good subject. I cropped it down and removed some excess wall and also the pipe clamp he was "sitting" on. Cloned out some scrape marks on the pipe he was attached to. Other than that he already had excellent color. Photo was taken at night and with the flash on my D70 (no external flash). Was real careful to try and make sure it's eyes were in focus.

I have more pics of him... he was a rather patient subject, but this is the only one I got a chance to play with so far.

BTW... Found he sticks to a T-shirt too when he decided I was annoying him and he decided to take a leap of faith off his perch.
    :idea:

Re: Tree Frog

Hi Ben,

Cool shot. It looks like he's hold on to nothingness, which seems a little strange. And, as is common with macro's, you could use more DOF. I don't know if that was even an option using the on camera flash, though. Considering that's all you used, the lighting looks very good. The color is great and the focus is sharp on the eye. I would like to see a little more of his surroundings and his lower half.

Paul

Re: Tree Frog

Good crop and great color Ben. Focal point is very sharp.
    John

Thread Information