Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Train Station by Norman Foster

Hi All,
    Please comment.
    yoyo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Train Station by Norman Foster-station008_jpg.jpg  

I like certain aspects of it, but I feel there is too much happening in this photograph. There are so many interesting shapes and lines that my eye tends to bounce around the frame instead of being lead across it / into a primary subject. I would try a different angle that focuses more on the station and less on the walkway, for example.

Also, it appears to me the sky has been artificially altered, to a degree where it will be noticeable to many viewers. It's too monotoned to be the actual sky, I'm guessing.
    That said I've always been a big proponent of digitally working photographs, so I don't want to seem hypocritical. I just think it doesn't look real because of its uniformity / high saturation.

;)
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Hi Puck,
    Thanks for your comments. I totally agree with you.
    Alll the best.
    yoyo

You bet. Looking forward to seeing more of your work; you have a very good eye for architecture.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

I think I like this shot and it's comp, framing etc,. . . I do agree with PJ about the sky . uniform in color and also notice the cloning or feathering traces at the edges of the structurs where they meet the sky. Wondering what was up with the sky that you felt you needed to alter it so much
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Hi Gary,
    Thanks for your comment. The sky was blown out in the original. I also converted the original into B & W. Do you think it works?
    yoyo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Train Station by Norman Foster-station008_jpg.jpg  

Yes, I think it works well. But I do like it in color better. Would like to see the original as it was.

gary

Hi Gary,
    Here is the original.
    All the best.
    yoyo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Train Station by Norman Foster-station008a_jpg.jpg  

Yoyo,
    I like the original the better of the three. Just my opinion. It is not too colorful, but just enough where I get a stronger sense of the depth of the image as compared to the b&w. Ablue sky might have been nice but I take it you shot this on an overcast day. I like it. Also the framing was very good , I think

gary

Thread Information