Tim Davie: BBC boss 'preparing to shoot stars who violate neutrality rules'-_114678845_timdaviepa.jpg

BBC Director Tim Davie said he was ready to fire presenters who violated social media neutrality guidelines.Davie, who became DG earlier this month, said the slotxo new social media rules will be announced in the coming weeks and will apply to all officials.I am ready to take appropriate disciplinary action until the end," said Davie.He said he would be able to "get people off Twitter" if needed.His comments come after criticism of celebrities such as Gary Lineker, who had historically been in conflict for sharing his political views on Twitter.In response to Davie's comment on Tuesday, the Match of the Day host said: "I think only Twitter can get people off Twitter."

'Hard action'

Mr Davie told MPs in the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Selection Committee: “Law enforcement will be very clear, we'll be able to take disciplinary action, we'll be able to get people off Twitter, I know people. I want to see this hard work done.He clarified that in some cases he would ask officials to suspend their Twitter accounts if they want to continue working for the BBC.He told MPs that he would not rush into the further action. "I know some people want me to shoot [people] right away [when] there's a foot crash," he said.

I am confident in your career and my career. Sometimes we don't act perfectly, so it will apply, sometimes people need talk, sometimes more serious matters.Actions will not depend on the height of the respective celebrities. But there will be differences between the occasional informant and the "face of the BBC," he said.Social media's approach will make it clear where the lines are. If someone is the face of the BBC, I think going into party politics to me doesn't seem like the right place.Asked specifically about the Lineker, Davie said the former footballer. There is always a catchy phrase "but" understands his responsibility as a person on the BBC. "

He said: "We will be releasing social media guidelines which will be clear. I will note that Gary Lineker was very clear in his recent statement, saying: 'I understand I have a responsibility while working at the BBC.Those responsibilities will be clearly placed. I'm a director, so I'm running the show right now, and in my view, party political statements are not the right thing for people to do if they're part. One of the neutral news organizations

'It's not about banning people'

There have been "a few tweets and a few incidents" from the BBC's staff and presenter at "In my mind it didn't increase the BBC's reputation for neutrality," said Davie.The new social media approach will cover people who work in every aspect of the BBC show, Mr Davie said.The bar will be higher for news and current affairs. But there will also be a bar for people working as BBC talent across the organization of any kind, ”he said.I don't think this is banning people on social media. But somehow, we have to be there. I deeply believe that impartial reporting can be a pleasure, the idea that it is boring is wrong. ”Recent media reports have suggested Ball ask for a pay cut when negotiating. Negotiate her current contract in the coming weeks.

"Zoe, in particular, is an outstanding news anchor, we are in renegotiation and we will see where we go," Davie said.Davie also spoke of the departure of political interviewer Andrew Neal to become the face and chairman of the new TV channel GB News.The director said the problem was not the amount he had offered Neil to stay, but "what he wanted to do with his life".He said: “Andrew is an outstanding broadcaster, we have a great conversation, I offer a good deal, he has better things than us, moving on. He's a great guy.