Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Temple.

Temple.

Temple.-dsc_7096.jpg

This is a small part of a temple. I shot this because of the floor lines and the clouds. I know afternoon is not the best time to shoot, it was an impromptu visit after lunch with family members.

Any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Re: Temple.

I like this one, Sanggay. The leading lines work very well and the clouds are great. I'd suggest trying out some different crops to get the main temple building off dead-center of the image...maybe move it to the right. There is a lot to explore in the image, well done.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by ksbryan0 View Post
    I like this one, Sanggay. The leading lines work very well and the clouds are great. I'd suggest trying out some different crops to get the main temple building off dead-center of the image...maybe move it to the right. There is a lot to explore in the image, well done.
    How about this? I don't want to lose the clouds.

Temple.-dsc_7096-2.jpg

I think this would have been a lot stronger if the leading lines led to the door rather than the corner of the building. there are a lot of long straight lines and if you don't get it right they are going effect the image as in this case where they pull you to the corner when your eye wants to go to the door as its is the centre point of the building.
    As ken said the clouds are nice but the image looks like you have exposed for them which makes the temple a little under exposed in my opinion. Still having said that, it's a very nice image and I enjoyed viewing it. Wondering if you had a colour version ?
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

I usually write my opinion without reading others first - so I am doing the same here. The BW conversion here is a good idea because of those great white clouds that definitely add to the scene. Considering our eye is usually drawn to the bright areas first, and looking at the floor - using the broader brighter white lines to take us to the temple may have worked better - they are little bit off to the side. Also, I would consider a different composition - perhaps focusing on the big building only, and having it perfectly centered, or having it off to the side without the smaller building. Nice BW conversion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by llewpics View Post
    I usually write my opinion without reading others first - so I am doing the same here. The BW conversion here is a good idea because of those great white clouds that definitely add to the scene. Considering our eye is usually drawn to the bright areas first, and looking at the floor - using the broader brighter white lines to take us to the temple may have worked better - they are little bit off to the side. Also, I would consider a different composition - perhaps focusing on the big building only, and having it perfectly centered, or having it off to the side without the smaller building. Nice BW conversion, though.
    Thanks for looking and the feedback. I agreed that the lines are a bit off.
    I will re shoot if I have the chance to go back there again. This is the color version.

Temple.-dsc_7096-4.jpg

It feels a little hard to me, maybe softening the focus in the foreground might help?

Thread Information