Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Sweet Kid

Sweet Kid

cute smile

Re: Sweet Kid

Welcome to PhotographyREVIEW.com! Before I comment on your photo I wanted to point out that the way the Photo Critique forum works is you post a photo and then you offer some useful criticism on another photographer's photo. I see you're commenting but you aren't really posting criticism. We want to keep this forum on track so we're a bit rigid about comments. Please make sure your comments offer thoughtful criticism. That's what makes things work here

Now, some criticism for you photo...

She definitely looks like a sweet kid and that's undeniably a cute smile. So your title and description are right on track. The first thing I noticed when I looked at the large version of the photo is that it's focused on the background, not the girl. Focusing on the girl and having the background out of focus would make this better, for sure. In fact, having the background even more out-of-focus would be good. That would make the girl stand out more from what is actually a somewhat busy, distracting background. As a rule, if the background doesn't really add anything to the photo, it shouldn't be there. And the best way to minimize it is to use a larger aperture, which will make the background softer.

I think that's a good start as far as a critique on this image goes. Maybe you can tell us more about how and why you took the picture, and what kind of camera you used. That will be useful information that will help us help you better.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information