Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Sunflowers

Sunflowers

Hello ...

I would like to know:

a. What you think of this shot in general, and
    b. How distracting is the shadow

Thanks!

Sunflowers-sunflowers-1.jpg

Re: Sunflowers

Nice clear shot and the shadow is in a bad place. I would try a few crops from the picture tho before I gave up on it. It is a good shot, color is good, focus is good.
    Nikon D7000
    Nikon D60
    Nikkor 18 - 200mm VR f 3.5 - 5.6G
    Nikkor 50mm f 1.4G
    Nikkor 18 - 120mm VR Kit Lens

GB1

Re: Sunflowers

Hmm. I have mixed feelings on this one Llewpics. I do like the colors and the interesting textured background. It also seems like a unique composition in that it doesn't look like anything else I've seen.

What I think hurts the shot though are the following: 1) the sunflowers seem to be leaning downward as if they don't have any life. With the red background there and sunflowers in general, there should be some energy. 2) the crocked wall seems like a lens distortion issue, even if it's not 3) I can't see any detail whatsoever of a sunflower, as they're all too far away and/or soft. Sort of like a tease (I eat them all the time), and 4) not sure on the location of the white window..

As for the shadow, it's not ideal that it's there of course, but I don't think the shot could overcome the other aforementioned issues even if it weren't there.

Hope this helps. Like I said, an unusual composition.

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information