Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Storm Clouds A Comin'

I'm new to the forum, but really interested in what others have to say about my photos. Hey, it only helps me to take better pictures. Thanks.Storm Clouds A Comin'-img_8751.jpgStorm Clouds A Comin'-img_8732.jpg

Re: Storm Clouds A Comin'

Welcome to the forum.

For the night shot ...I really like the colors and the longer exposure with the relfections on the water. The orange and blue (hot and cold) compliment each other and provide a balance in the photo. I think ( and this goes for both photos) it would be good for you to find another element in the photograph to represent a stronger subject (boat, for instance).

For the second, I like the color palette, but I am not sure about the upper right quadrant - too much white sky with nothing going on ...the left side of the photo is much more interesting. I like the longer exposure, as this adds to the effect. Again, think about adding a subject ...abandoned parasol, boat, glider, something in the front to add interest.

I really appreciate the feedback. Sometimes we miss what others see.

Wow I love the first one, not much I can think of to make that better. Looking at think makes me feel I am on the beach watching it. The 2nd one to me I feel that the whole right side of the photo is just to bright. The left side and the right side just seem to be fighting each other for control of the viewer. Have you tried making the dark side a little lighter or the bright side a bit darker? Just a thought.
    Nikon D7000
    Nikon D60
    Nikkor 18 - 200mm VR f 3.5 - 5.6G
    Nikkor 50mm f 1.4G
    Nikkor 18 - 120mm VR Kit Lens

not a huge fan of these types of photos but like these

Quote Originally Posted by roberthenrya View Post
    not a huge fan of these types of photos but like these
    That's not really a critique. Try telling us what you don't usually like about storm cloud photos and why these ones work for you? You have to be specific for the photographer to learn something. Plus, you'll learn something if you take the time to analyze and articulate your thoughts and feelings better
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Although they are both very nice they really need another element. On the first getting closer to the lights on the left and making it more prominent in the frame.
    The second one needs a ship, someone walking on the beach. Something.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Nice images
    to much sky on the first one
    second image is perfect for a composite

Beautiful sunset

second picture I feel the top right corner is overexposed a little.... i am liking the motion of the water feel to it though,

Thread Information