Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Spring Clouds

Spring Clouds

I tried bracketing today and then blended some of them in photoshop. The first two are blended. You think they look sort of fake or no? The last one is a single shot but with lots of editing.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Spring Clouds

Hi xsport...I love the clouds. No. 3 is my favorite. I really like the tree silouhetted against the multicolored sky and clouds. I think all of the colors in the sky from muted yellows, oranges and browns to the bright blue of the sky and the deep shadow of the silouhetted tree really adds a ton of pleasant tension. When I look at this, my eyes don't stop moving trying to pick out all the tiny detail. I don't think it is too busy, it's just that with all the colors there is so much to see. Nice job.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Re: Spring Clouds

You did a good job on the blending. You might try a slight 'S' shaped curves adjustment on the cloud portions.

Notice how the street in the first shot leads us into the scene but is prevented from leading our eye right out of the frame by that lamp post, which then leads us to the sky?

That third shot is very good. beautiful colors and a foreground that complements the dramatic sky.
    ----------------------------

Thread Information