Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Some weekend biking shots

I took these over the weekend. I liked them.

This is my buddy Brad at our dirt jumps. Had I not been shooting into the sun maybe I could have gotten those trees a little blurier with a different apeture, but it was kind of a tradeoff, I like the into the sun shots when I do them correctly, they usally work good if I have REALLY fast shutter speeds.

And my friend James at the trails, too bad for the green shirt. Still looks good I think.

Please critique.

I really like the perspective of the first one but the back lighting does hurt the picture some. You could try a fill flash but I usually don’t like using fill flash because things start looking artificial. I think you did a very good job given your situation and captured a great shot. The lack of blur in the trees doesn’t detract from the picture as far as I am concerned.

On the second shot there is a little more blur than I care for but the picture is still definitely usable since the subject’s eye is still sharp.

Good captures,

Greg

Thanks for the compliments. I think the first one a cloud had crossed the sun, so that kind of made a big white blob, I was going for a little less sun, more of a white dot than the big blob, but I still like the shot a lot.

The second one is pretty blurry, but thats what I was going for, and I like the way it camer out. Thanks for the advice!

Thread Information