Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Seb

Some place on earth

Still from the Entry Island, the most beautiful place I have ever seen so far, by a wide margin.

Seb
    Last edited by Seb; 04-08-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Re: Some place on earth

Hey, Seb-

You capture the most amazing b/w photos; a worn fence post, who would of thought. The sky is very nice and really adds to the overall touch of the shot. Very nice.

CF

Insert something witty here.. yogestee's Avatar

Another masterpiece Seb...The tonality and clarity are great..

Jurgen
    Falang dung nyai

Please don't edit my images without my permission.

Liz

Awesome b&w image - everything about it is great. The composition and contrast are perfectly done IMO.

B&W is my favorite even though I seldom do any since digital. I'm just not able to get a good one.

Beautiful image.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Seb
    Still from the Entry Island, the most beautiful place I have ever seen so far, by a wide margin.

Seb

Everything about this picture is awesome. You really do have a knack for black & white. Can you tell me how you added the border? I'm still gradually learning about all these post-processing techniques. Thank you!

Amazing, Spectacular, Ect, Etc, Ect.......

Seb

Thanks a lot everyone! The funny thing is that I hardly ever do b&w's. It seems that color almost always is relevant to my work but I would imagine several scenes in b&w that particular day while shooting. Also, I have found these pictures fairly easy to convert because the skies where fine with those clouds.

Charm: Adding a border is simple. When you want to resize a picture for web displaying (in Photoshop) you go in "Image / Image Size" and then dial the size needed (preferably in pixels, with the "Resample Image" boxe checked). Once it is done, you go in "Image/Canvas Size" and enlarge the size of the image (preferably in pixels again) in order to get a border the thickness you want. For instance, the maximal width or height of an image on this board is 640 pixels. I resized my picture (in "Image Size") so it is 620 pixels wide. Then I went in "Canvas Size" and added 20 pixels of width and 20 pixels of height to the image so I have a 10 pixels wide border surrounding the image.

Seb

Thank you, Seb! And I have to say once again that I think you should pursue further series in black & white. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Seb

Seb
    And you convey it's beauty in this wonderful series. These images make me want to experience this place.

Seb.....a great shot. Everything is right with this one except the three diagonal lines to the right of the fence post. I'm guessing that's remants of the fence, right? They distracted me a little.
    John

Seb

Charm: Your welcome!

Payn: Thanks a lot!

John: You are allright, these are fence remants. Thanks for commenting.

Seb

Thread Information