Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Some NYC skylines

I don't know what to do with the same color and black and white ones. Should I keep the branches for DOF or crop em out and should I do B&W or color on em.What do you think?

Re: Some NYC skylines

On the first and second images: I prefer it in color. It gives it more life and depth than the B&W. THere simply doesn't seem to be enough difference in range between the water and buildings for it to transfer over very well. Someone else may be able to tell you how to get it done better but for me, as it is now, it loses something in the translation. You can punch up the color maybe with a gradient layer and maybe a multiply to give it a little more pop.

As for the trees in those two images, I would keep 'em. I like how they frame the photograph from the bottom and how the branches mimick the buildings across the water.

As for the third image, it's so small that it's hard to say much about it. It looks like it's a pretty shot, but I'd like to see this on its own and a bit larger to get more detail.

The last one simply doesn't grab me in subject matter and seems rather dark. But that's probably just me because my tastes are, admittedly, a little on the other side.
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

Re: Some NYC skylines

I like the color and keep the branches. also, as D stated, use a layer { either overlay, multiply or soft light) to help deepen the saturation and pop of the colors .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information