Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Smallest Grape?

Smallest Grape?

Let me know what you think.

First is processed, second is the original.

Would you crop differently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Smallest Grape?-smallgrape-002.jpg   Smallest Grape?-smallgrape-002-original.jpg  
    60Hz Productions
    Great pictures are taken with the mind...the problem lies in getting the dang camera to take the same picture!

Re: Smallest Grape?

I like the processed shot best. Can't tell you if I'd crop it any differently, though. I like it as is.
    John

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I like the composition. The hand and grape seem detached from the face due to dof but not sure you could do anything about that.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Just Lurking

I like the second shot (full color) better, but it's mostly because I am not a fan of the selective coloring processing so take that for what it's worth. I know that I'm in the minority with that position, but it just seems so over done:yikes: .

On the color shot, it seems that you have different coloring between the hand and the face, with the hand being pinker. I might also be inclined to frame it such that the grape is more prominent and the fingers less prominent. Does that make sense?

PC

Quote Originally Posted by PrevailingConditions
    but it just seems so over done:yikes: .

PC
    LOL! I just had a friend tell me the exact same thing yesterday. I wouldn't quite say overdone, but done so often as to not make it very unique, yes. Still, I thought the full color version didn't give enough focus, attention to the grape, so I decided the selective technique would do the trick. I agree going full color might require different framing to focus more attention on the grape.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    60Hz Productions
    Great pictures are taken with the mind...the problem lies in getting the dang camera to take the same picture!

Thread Information