Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Simplicity

Simplicity

Welcome your thoughts.
    yoyo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Simplicity-r0010623-jpg.jpg  

GB1

Re: Simplicity

Yoyo - I really nice how the composition is here andd how you got the light and dark objects to complement each other. What doesn't work too well IMO is the background and overall lighting of the scene, esp the upper portion of the photo. It just seem underwhelming compared to the clean, shiney and contempuary bottom and middle part of the shot (cement background excluded). Sort of reminds me of Apple's designs.

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Hi GB,
    Thanks for the comments. I know what you mean about the lighting. I think the architect (Zaha Hadid) deliberately to make the contrast in her design.
    yoyo

Brilliantly seen Yoyo with perfect results in my opinion. The huge dark, in your face dark band in the center gives the simple composition good impact. On my monitor this is great from top to bottom. I could also be intepreted as some kind of art installation.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for the kind words. By the way, the place is very inspiring.
    yoyo

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyo Szeto
    Welcome your thoughts.
    yoyo
    Yoyo,

I like this a lot. The colors in the concrete are quite fascinating. Your composition is fine for sure but I believe that the picture wouldn't work nearly as well if it was done in b&w.

Seb

drg

The wall in the back curves doesn't it? I have seen a presentation of the Architects work recently and I'm sure that I saw this at a different angle which accentuated the curve.

I believe the idea was the meeting of elements in a transitional form to contrast with the linearity and ridgidity of other facets of the building.

I like your take quite well. It shows well the amalgam of the basic structures included in the design from surfaces to lighting.

Good use and placement of the diagonal element to add the inherent inspirational tone of the site to your photograph.

Nice work on an abstract architectural interior!
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

The choice of color in this and "Before Lego was invented" were the right choices. Your use of that subtle color in monochromatic situations properly places emphasis on form and function while adding a third dimension. In Lego, the saturated spots added the human element as well as the element of time (through degeneration). Here, color defines the background, seperating us and placing us in your strictly composed world. Bordered just as strictly, in both images, by you.

Well done.

Tuna

I really love this shot yoyo! Love the simplicity, lines and shapes of it. A wonderful image.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Hi Seb, I am happy that you find the colour version is a right choice.

Hi drg, Thanks for the very kind words. Yes, the wall is curved. More information about the place is at http://www.answers.com/topic/rosenth...ntemporary-art. Your interpretation of the place is good and makes sense to me.

Hi Tuna, Thanks for your thoughts on the 2 pictures. I like your perspective very much.

Hi Liban, Very glad that the shot works for you.

yoyo

Thread Information