Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: A simple photo

A simple photo

Nothing special. Just found myself on a bright sunny day with a blue sky facing a white house. First thing that came to mind was: "Wow. Let's see some dark color in the sky."

A simple photo-arts-center.jpg

I've seen some masters have photos kind of similar to this. Doesn't look like much to me and so I thought: "That's easy. I could do that, too! "

OK, that's just crazy thought of mine, I know

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: A simple photo

I like the stark contrast. Just wish that building in the rear wasn't there but not much you can do about that. I would clone out what looks like a tranformer on the right almost hidden by the trees.
    Good shot!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

MB1

I think the sky is a bit too dark in this image (too much polorizer?) but the technique is well worth exploring.

I'm also thinking that the natural image is cut off at the top and the building seems compressed into the frame.
    No, I DON'T need that.

GB1

These kind of shots seem like a window to yesteryears: the style of the house seems like it's from the 1800s or something. It's a bit plain. The b&w was all they had. You could use this as a prop for a movie or something.

I think your shot achieves what you wanted. Perhaps another shot from a lower angle too. But what you have works

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Neptune, New Jersey, United States of America

I would like to see some more clouds in the sky to give it a little more interest.

Thread Information