Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Set of 5 from Ohio

These pictures are from a 3 day trip my father and i took early this spring to a group of state parks in ohio, called hocking hills. These are jsut about 5 of the best. let me know how i could improve them. ( i know the sky in some of them is washed out, but i didn't have my graduated ND filter yet and i'm still not sure how they would have looked with the trees.).

check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

Re: Set of 5 from Ohio

bump, for critiques, or are they perfect? i'd like to know what people think of these please.

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    SB-600

Hi Dylan...I'm just seeing these now. I like 1, 4 & 5 out of this bunch. 1, mainly because I like the tinge of the waterfall, and the light you managed to capture.
    4, I like because I think you've done a good job again with the lighting, in what's obviously a cavern. Is that a person's silhouette in the one opening there?
    5, I think is the best, but the one nitpick I have is that I want the person in the doorway to be a little bit bigger. I imagine you're going for distance and depth in this one, and it has a great horror story feel to it...but for my personal preference, I wish he were a little bigger/closer.

Emily

#1 is my favorite because of the blue water. It looks magical and contrast well with the red of the rocks.
    #5 is my least favorite because of the blue cast. It looks like it needs a definate black as well.

2, 3, and 4 look great and I see no need to change anything with them. (On second look, # 3 could use a tad bit more saturation.

thanks for the comments,

julsoph number 4 is a cave but it parrallels the side of the cliff... so off to the right you can see the light comming in through holes. and that is my father standing at the other end. .

number 5 is a tunnel cut in to rock to get out of the canyon (if you've been to hocking hills you know what i'm talking about, other wise go- its beautiful) and i wanted to catch the steps so any darker and i wouldn;t have like it, maybe i'll convert to b&w or play with the colors and see what i come up with.

1 is also one of my favorite pics, unfortunantly my roll of film i was shooting at that waterfall didn't get exposed or something funny like that so all i have is my 3.2 mp pics i can't blow up well.

my one nit with number 1 however is i THINK it is tiled 1-2 degrees counterclock wise sending the edge of the water fall up into the air... anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    SB-600

Thread Information