Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

The Self Portrait

Re: The Self Portrait

I like the black-and-white treatment here - it has that great street feel your photos always have. But I feel like there's a story we're missing here. It's not quite working for me, as-is. I can tell that the location means something but I need more. That could mean a wider shot so I can see that the meaning of the background is. Or, maybe you could change the title or add a description that gives me enough context for this to become meaningful. I am definitely curious, though - on its own, the photo does make me want to know more.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: The Self Portrait

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    I like the black-and-white treatment here - it has that great street feel your photos always have. But I feel like there's a story we're missing here. It's not quite working for me, as-is. I can tell that the location means something but I need more. That could mean a wider shot so I can see that the meaning of the background is. Or, maybe you could change the title or add a description that gives me enough context for this to become meaningful. I am definitely curious, though - on its own, the photo does make me want to know more.
    Hi John. I know about as much as you do. A wall of names below a sign that says WOMEN HALF MARATHON with a woman crouching down next to those names, taking a self portrait. I just took a picture not knowing anymore at the time or knowing anymore now...I can make some assumptions but I suspect they would hold the same water as any you might make...

Thread Information