Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Self?

Self?

Well, taking inspiration from nat, ive decieded to start to understand self portraits?
    Gonna take a while i think?
    Im normally pretty shy when it comes to photography, but since my girlfriend flat out refuses i gotta try something? Dont you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Self?-radialme.jpg  

hooray

Quote Originally Posted by Jezz
    Well, taking inspiration from nat, ive decieded to start to understand self portraits?
    Gonna take a while i think?
    Im normally pretty shy when it comes to photography, but since my girlfriend flat out refuses i gotta try something? Dont you think?
    Using yourself as a model makes it much easier because you're free, you don't have to worry if it doesn't turn out because your not wasting anyone's time and you'll the most forgiving if you have to re shoot ;)

I really like this one (but I expect to see more) there's a shyness about it that's a nice change from a lot of male self portraits ....

I'd like to see it a bit more sharp and a smidge more contrast...hope you don't mind I took a liberty. I like the blur that was added it adds an extra elemnt that keeeps it from being a sterile shot...

well done...do you like it? and let us see more
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Wink Thank you

for the reply, I'm gonna try a few more and see how they come out, ive already deleted so many but ill keep going, i do like this one, not sure why really? Just do. one of the few photos of my self that i actually like!

Thread Information