Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    learning member

..To see what was the matter!

Hoping for teeth. Teeth that would chatter!
    Mark.

Jack the dog.
    Last edited by mdmc; 04-10-2007 at 02:46 AM.

Re: ..To see what was the matter!

Mark, I like how Jack is positioned between the two light areas in the bg.My only concern with the image is the bright, blurry area in front of him in the lower corner. I sense you have done alot of blurring and cloning in the image and overall seems to be effective, but perhaps burning in the bright area in front of Jack will be the final touch.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

mdmc, for some reason this picture doesnt really catch me. Maybe if you tried a different way of blurrring the background it may look better (and unblurring the white blob in front of him). But i think its the overall lighting of the picture and the background behind him that's making you're model not as good as he could be. Other than that, I think you captured the dog pretty well . Dog pictures are hard

Is Jack your dog?
    <- Jessica ->

Canon Digital Rebel XT w/ 28-105 lens

learning member

Gary, Sweetdeal, thanks for comments. No cloning. I adjusted levels, sharpened, and blurred the BG, too much. I was trying to get it to match the bit in the lower right and hide some ugly stray hairs. Along w/ the whte Fg corner my concern is with the brown halo arund him. I do like his pose.
    He's my freinds dog.She took him in on a temp basis and wound up adopting him.
    Thans again, Mark.

Mark, I think he's precious! I do like the background and the lighting. It's the bit in front that gets me. When I scroll up and cut it off, it makes such a difference, but then you get too little of Jack. I'd love to see more of him (I'm a huge sucker for doggies, especially rescues!)
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

learning member

Thanks D, this ones not gonna cut it but I'll have more opportunities to shoot him. He is a little character.
    Mark.

This is cute but not a winner. I am sure he will present you with many opportunities over the years. Have your camera locked and loaded !!
    Bobby
    Roberto

Thread Information