Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Seattle B/W

Seattle B/W

This is not meant to be a pretty rendition of a skyline, but more of an interpretation of an apocalyptic event. i.e., nature will prevail.

Re: Seattle B/W

I am a little torn on this one. The issue I see is that the eye seems to be heavily drawn to the "nature" on the left side of the image. I think a strong title would perhaps help us to understand the message you are communicating ...I don't think the image in itself has the required weight.

I think the foliage on the left should either be in or out of the frame but not partially in, it just draws the eye away. Also the horizon is very centered as is the city. If it were mine I'd try cropping down from the upper left corner to exclude the trees, move the horizon up, and put the city off center.
    Of course this may change what your photo is all about too, but that's the approach I'd take.

GB1

Hmm. My first impression was negative (flat, background is soft, doesn't say much...), but after looking more I sort of like the documentary style look of it. It would go good with an article on something, perhaps how humans like to congregate?
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

The concept is nice but I'm not drawn to the image maybe a color version would have one's eyes wonder around.
    I like the bush on the left it gives me something to go to but there is a lot of nothing on camera right

The foliage on the left is distracting me from the point of the image

Thread Information