Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

scary?, dramatic?, and boring

I did a long series of night photography, and I've given up. I find it hard to take photographs in the daytime... Could somebody lead me in the direction of work in cultural landscapes, but with artifical light?
    -nadamucho
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scary?, dramatic?, and boring-nightchange5.jpg  

again I like the composition and subject chosen
    my nitpiks are (everyone's a critic ) and would prefer the foreground to be a bit more in focus and the skyline to be straighter (just a personal preferance-- although for the drama and the feel it's not too bad)

more show us more pics

take care
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Not boring to me

I don't understand why you're giving up, because I think this is a keeper - the composition and lighting works really well. I would say it has an ominous mood, like the bad guy could run into the picture at any time.

I think the shots you've posted so far show a lot of creativity. Keep 'em coming.

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by nadamucho
    I did a long series of night photography, and I've given up. I find it hard to take photographs in the daytime... Could somebody lead me in the direction of work in cultural landscapes, but with artifical light?
    -nadamucho

This has a cool, artsy look to it, and b&w was the way to go with this. Images like this are hard to critique on technical merits, so I rely on just the emotional response I get when viewing...I like it.

On photosig.com, there is a photog, Deryk Baumgartner who is a master at night photography...you might be interested in seeing what he does.

Talking Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by nadamucho
    -nadamucho
    Take a vacation and ponder the possibilities.

I like the dark gritty "abused" feeling. Ignored by the big man, and overlooked by the masses, yet still, there is a need for me feeling. I don't know, this looks old world industrial. (Whatever that means!)

Technically, DANG the fact that I can't look back without losing text...it seems a little off kilter, and the glare in the window is both endearing to the feeling and annoying to me as it pulls me into it and mesmerizes.
    Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Like, zoinks! - Shaggy

Thread Information