Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Say what?

Say what?

f4
    ISO-320
    50mm

Re: Say what?

Outstanding shot !
    and great title
    Quite unusual for this type of subject

Only sish it had more DOF , say to the front legs ...

Is this an Iguana ?

This is really interesting and very well done. It's almost like, an editorial shoot for an iguana! It makes me think that a little diamond collar or something akin could be placed on the iguana and it would fit right into Vogue. I would like to see its front legs more in focus, but overall this is pretty well done. What kind of camera did you use?

It is actually a water monitor. I used a Canon 7D with a 24-105 Lens. I made a homemade light table, and used two people holding lights over the animal as it moved. I will check to see if I have one with the legs more in focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumber View Post
    It is actually a water monitor. I used a Canon 7D with a 24-105 Lens. I made a homemade light table, and used two people holding lights over the animal as it moved. I will check to see if I have one with the legs more in focus.
    This is so awesome. The fact that you put work into it shows in its professional quality. The out of focus legs are really a personal opinion, but seriously, I could see this as some awesome fashion jewelry ad. Keep up the amazing work!

Thank you Jesilangdale!! I checked and I don't have any without the front legs out of focus.

GB1

Looks like The Lizard from the Spiderman comic books. Great shot IMHO though I think I would have used a little more DOF (if possible). If you can, I would dodge and burn a tad around the head and face so that they're not so bright in comparison to the rest of the body. Nice work!
    GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information