Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Sadness

Seb

Sadness

Comments are welcome.

Seb
    Last edited by Seb; 04-08-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Re: Sadness

Seb
    I dont think I'm seeing the sadness in this but I do see emptyness and abandonment.
    Is it the (hanging?) chappie that gives you this feeling? I would prefer it if the post up the middle was not there. Perhaps it's not a post but a return on the brickwork wall.
    I think a human interest would be good here. In other words having someone there who should not be there. A trespasser, up to no good, might then give it a sadness feeling.
    That's how I see it Seb.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Seb, the sadness is from the painted man on the wall with a frown on his face? This is not bad, but I am not feeling anything strong to make me interested for too long. The lighting is ok, but not too dramatic, but as Tom said, maybe having something else like a human figure standing out there would provide further food for thought. Still, it has qualities about it that work well with the rest of the series.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Seb
    Comments are welcome.

Seb

Hello guys, thanks for commenting. While I feel comfortable about this composition I now realize that I should restart my post processing from scracth. The lighting is too muted and hurts the mood that I wanted to capture when I saw this.

regards

Seb

Thread Information