Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Rural Illinois

Rural Illinois

D70, ISO 400
    Found this barn and fell in love with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rural Illinois-04242005_0007.jpg  
    Last edited by chandlerjr; 04-28-2005 at 07:58 PM. Reason: No image
    For the essence of a work of art is, after all, that it cuts out a piece of the endlessly continuous sequences of perceived experience, detaching it from all connections with one side or the other, giving it a self-sufficient form as though defined and held together by an inner core.

this is not my beautiful wife... stevenlmas's Avatar

Re: Rural Illinois

Great barn! Can you get it again with the sun on the side you shot to reveal more detail under the eaves?

I love the colors...
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.

I must say that this is a very nice and simple shot. Almost like a giant birdbox. The colours all round are great and the shadows under the eaves are a definite plus for me giving it a nice contrasting border if you like. Pity about the pile of rubble to the right rear.
    Not too sure if it needs added interest but it really needs to have the tilt removed.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Well captured . I like the beautiful green tone to this photo and the nice blue sky really complements it, It is tilted a bit but not so much as it can be fixed in PS. Again well done.

Thread Information