Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

ruins and rituals

Sacrifices??
    Last edited by payn817; 07-11-2006 at 04:39 PM.

Re: ruins and rituals

These blocks look like the blockades that were put on the sides of roads in the UK during the second world war to prevent invading land vehicles to pass. There is a sinsiter element to the image because it isn't quite clear why they are there.

Herriot

You have a very good idea here with lots of potential. I think what is hampering the composition is the fact that there is no clear focal point. It occurs to me that a higher vantage point might draw all the elements together. It would create a flow of vision from the near pylon to the far one, or at least I think it would. Until then, I can't really comment on whether black and white or color is better.

Drew
    "But what is strength without a double share of wisdom." John Milton

Lost Planet Cameraman #8

They all appear to have slabs on top; could they be hollow? I like the greyscale much better than the color.

Thanks for the input everyone. I hesitated on posting this because it was kinda boring. Your feedback helps a great deal.

Arctirus, I am not sure if they are hollow, didn't try to move the slabs. There may be spiders in there!!!!

Where's the location that you're getting all these pictures from? Haha, I like both equally.
    Photos are memories that last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning's_Glory
    Where's the location that you're getting all these pictures from? Haha, I like both equally.

LOL, these were found in the forest outside of Macon, Ga. There is kind of this morbid gloom and doom theme in my photos lately, odd.

Thread Information