Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Rocky Mountain National Park

Hey all..

Just got back from vacation, and am starting to sort through my shots, thought I'd post a few... We were in Rocky Mountain National Park for a week, and then drove down to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Now we're back to the reality, and humidity, of Chicago.

Anyway, these are all from our first and second day in Rocky Mountain NP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rocky Mountain National Park-grassglaciarbasin.jpg   Rocky Mountain National Park-lightray.jpg   Rocky Mountain National Park-stellerjay.jpg   Rocky Mountain National Park-wildroses.jpg  

Re: Rocky Mountain National Park

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose
    Hey all..

Just got back from vacation, and am starting to sort through my shots, thought I'd post a few... We were in Rocky Mountain National Park for a week, and then drove down to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Now we're back to the reality, and humidity, of Chicago.

Anyway, these are all from our first and second day in Rocky Mountain NP.
    Very nice. I like them in the order you posted. The first one being best and so on. The bird could be a little sharper and the lowlights lightened a little I think. The last phot seems a little lacking in subject.

Also, where are the horses? I thought you had horses in all your shots. ;) ;)

That first one is one of my favorites from all of the pictures I took. I tried a similar picture using a purple flower in the forground, but unfortunately botched the focus so the flower isn't nearly sharp enough.

The last shot, oddly, is one of those shots that look far better printed than on screen. The roses were the subject... I was purposely trying for some odd composure with that one...

Didn't see very many horses on this trip :þ so you'll have to do with out my equines until it cools down enough here for me to be willing to venture out into the pastures with the cameras. I'll make up for a lack of horses with plenty of elk and deer-- we saw tons, including a doe and fawn in our campsite in black canyon and a herd of elk swimming in a pond outside of Estes park.

Most important thing i think when taking photos is to "seee" the pic before you shoot and then being able to do it. In all these you demonstrate that ability. Well done and am looking forward to your horse pics.
    Bobby
    Roberto

Thread Information