Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: ring my bell

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

ring my bell

Please feel free to edit my photo as a part of your critique...

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Re: ring my bell

Maybe compose this in portrait format.
    Samurai #17 |;^\

I think you have a lot of good going on in this shot. I like the exposure and texture of the bells against the green background of trees. I like the log holding the bells positioned up over the trees and into the blue sky. There is strong presence and depth in the image which holds my interest.
    The bummer here is that the bottom and top are cropped too tight. I think if you stepped back several feet to open up the shot a bit more, it would be great all around. Also, if you shot this at a atime of day when the lighting was less harsh, it would be that much more effective as well. I like the angle that you hit this at.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Gary
    Thank you so much!!!
    I appreciate the comments.. Yes, I need to learn how to use the sun light properly..Every time I think I have it; I have only gotten closer..I am learning to go out
    evenings and early mornings.. I am also picking up a couple of polarizers this weekend...As for the crop, I was wondering about that...
    l will dig out the original and try again..
    Thanks again..
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

I like the exposure, details and color. But I don't like that the bells are dead center, and I agree that you're in a little close on them. I also think the angle is too sharp; as it is, there's less bells, more other stuff.
    "Photography as a fad is well-nigh on its last legs, thanks principally to the bicycle craze."

-- Alfred Stieglitz
    The American Annual of Photography, 1897

L.A. Landscapes

Thread Information