Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Resting Spot in Marsh Foot Path( B&W)

This is one of a series of black and whtes that I am putting togtehr. I really like how in b&w the feel and mood of the subject gets captured. The photo is somewhat grainy but I chose to leave it that way as i like the feel it gives.
    I would appreciate your thoughts and citiques. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resting Spot in Marsh Foot Path( B&W)-lndscp0204-1901bwweb.jpg  
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    This is one of a series of black and whtes that I am putting togtehr. I really like how in b&w the feel and mood of the subject gets captured. The photo is somewhat grainy but I chose to leave it that way as i like the feel it gives.
    I would appreciate your thoughts and citiques. Thanks

I like the benches and the way they lead your eyes down the road and toward the sky.

Good Job

Quote Originally Posted by CB Photo
    I like the benches and the way they lead your eyes down the road and toward the sky.

Good Job
    Thanks . . .

gary

i agree w/ chris... the leading lines of the benches and the road both bring your eye to the vanishing point on the horizon, where the different trees capture your interest, which brings your eye back to the lone tree in the foreground. this pic is nice cause it keeps your interest moving around the photo. nice shot.
    "Too much color blinds the eye."
    -Lao Tze

agree...

...with the opinions below. great composition. other than that, my two cents are that the sky appears to be a little dark at the top imo. i like the pic and keep looking at it, but the sky has me wanting to look away from it. i guess what i'm saying is that a little lightening of it might be nice (imho). second, wonder what it would look like without the grain? ;)

great job!

Thanks for your thoughts Lao and Stew,

The dark sky and grain was intentional as I want the pic to take on a somewhat mysterious feel to it.. also the lone tree in the foreground gets a bit lost with a somewhat light sky. I appreciate the comments

gary

The pic is really beautiful. The sky being so dark almost makes it look like you used infared film. It's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany 13
    The pic is really beautiful. The sky being so dark almost makes it look like you used infared film. It's cool.
    Thanks, Tiffany.

gary

This is a great image! At first sight I thought it was infrared. It's the shape of the benches that gives the depth to the image. The small tree on the right hand side is just enough to keep this picture balanced. Again, great job!!
    Frank
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive?

Thread Information