Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: At rest

At rest

Name:  GOOD.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  53.2 KBThis photo kinda has a on focus, off focus thing going on.

Re: At rest

Did you focus it like this on purpose, Sally? I like the *idea* of the out-of-focus, but I think it should be the other way around - the girl in focus and the background soft. I also think this might work a little better if it was a wider shot. I think you're trying to make us see through the little girl's eyes, but I can't really see enough of the scene to know what she's seeing. On the good side - I like that you're being creative and trying things out. Experimenting and finding out what works, what doesn't, and why, is a critical part of becoming a good photographer.

Now, why don't you tell us what you were trying to accomplish with this photo. I'd like to know what you were picturing / imagining in your mind. Try to take yourself back to when you took this picture and really remember what it was you were seeing in your mind.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Trying to show the "main" subject (the little girl) with the back drop the pond complimenting it... not sure if I achieved that or not.

I like the composition but would have included her toe.
    As for focus, I think the girl (subject) should be in the sharpest focus. The water is nice too so stopping down to increase the DOF probably could have gotten them both in focus, or at least make the water relativey sharp when the girl is in sharp focus.

Thread Information