Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Rent this house and get a free bag of peanuts!

This is from a month or so ago...there's a house about 4 doors down from me that's for rent, and one of the workers brought his pet parrot along with him one day. Kind of different, but it made for a couple fun photos.

Emily
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rent this house and get a free bag of peanuts!-rentaparrot.jpg  

Re: Rent this house and get a free bag of peanuts!

Ah...thanks, Seb...you're right about the background shrubs...

And yeah...the parrot on the sign thing was just so funny to me, very absurd...lol.

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by julsoph
    This is from a month or so ago...there's a house about 4 doors down from me that's for rent, and one of the workers brought his pet parrot along with him one day. Kind of different, but it made for a couple fun photos.

Emily
    Emily, I like your framing but I think that this picture could use a shallower dof. The trees in the background are too "textured" to my liking. They could be more blurry. The colors are explosives. I guess that putting a parrot on the sign is a valuable marketing technique. It draws some attention fore sure!

Seb

Emily,

I looked at this and thought what a great photo - Rent the parrot and then I read your title. Oops!

LOL either way,

DOF to me is ok but possibly a bit less would be better, however I would not like to see any less sharpness on the sign or the parrot and some of the sign is already getting a little soft. Excellent sharpness on the parrot and the colours are wonderful

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Great title Emily, and I agree somewhat with Seb and Roger. The parrott is the focal point, and stands out nicely. The framing is very nice too.

John

Hi Emily,
    The colour of the parrot is great. I keep thinking that he is holding a cigarette. I find the white sign a bit too bright.
    yoyo
    Last edited by Yoyo Szeto; 02-01-2006 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks, Roger, John & Yoyo! I appreciate your comments on this. Yoyo, I agree about the brightness of the sign.

Thanks again!
    Emily

Thread Information