Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Ramparts

Ramparts

Can`t make my mind up about this one. Is it just too graphic in it`s simplicity, boring even?
    I can`t look at it with objectivity or fresh eyes anymore. Please let me know what you think and why (especially if it doesn`t work for you). Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

eh...

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford_Sax
    Can`t make my mind up about this one. Is it just too graphic in it`s simplicity, boring even?
    I can`t look at it with objectivity or fresh eyes anymore. Please let me know what you think and why (especially if it doesn`t work for you). Thanks
    See you made it over safely I like the angle and I like textures and even the crop---but

I don't care for the last cannon in the distance being cropped or for the lack of separation between the sky and the tree(?) and the tower towards the right side is crooked which just keeps pulling my eye towards it.

IMHO it's not your usual quality...I hope that's not to straight forward to be rude.

look forward to seeing more of you stuff
    take care
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Hi Nat. Not offended AT ALL. How ridiculous would that be - I post an image for critique and when it`s critiqued I get offended!

Thankyou for your clear sighted comments which I agree with. I must ask (as I`ve been meaning to for ages) what does the acronym IMHO stand for? Is it a U.S thing or am I just being dense? I see it used a lot but can`t figure it out.

Thanks again for your constructive comments.

C :-)

translation

In My Humble Opinion ---another quirky "spend to much time and don't have enough time to type american thing",

By The Way is another one you'll see here

so there you go...I just figured both of those out last year-lol
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Hi Penny

Overboard? Not at all. I like a strong critique and I always wonder what people REALLY mean when they don`t give vent to what they truly feel by trying to be gentle and nice - although I know it is well meant. So, thankyou and keep the unfettered opinions coming!

Like Nats comment I happen to agree with you I now realise. I had my initial doubts about the image and now they have been confirmed - the image is a dud!

Thanks C:-)

i thought BTW was back to wally, but that must just be me!!!

Thread Information