Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Raining...bored

Emo

Thumbs down Raining...bored

I know theres a lot wrong with it...it ws a quick quick shot seeings as i don't want my poor camera to die of rain.

Ash

Re: Raining...bored

I am not sure what to say to make this one interesting. I know the bored feeling. With it getting dark so early these days I can’t go out shooting after work and I am now going through withdrawal. On this one I like the splashes of the raindrops and how everything is nice and shiny from the water. I think it would be better if you cut the top off so the edge of the concrete wasn’t showing and I also would like to see it cropped on one side so the paper isn’t so centered. I would also like the paper to be crumpled more and for the words not to be so close to parallel.

Greg

misanthrope

Re: Raining...bored

Quote Originally Posted by Emo

I know theres a lot wrong with it...it ws a quick quick shot seeings as i don't want my poor camera to die of rain.

Ash
    Another note... this one is much simpler than the "I f___ing love you" one. And so it moves me in a much more melancholy way. The other was very serious, with a suggestion of suicide. This one is more despondent. It immediately takes me down a notch emotionally. Makes me think of times when I had really hurt someone and felt so terrible, so ashamed about it. I just wanted to hide in the darkest part of the house and whimper for a while.
    I don't think there's much wrong with it. Maybe a slight exposure adjustment would give it a different look. But I like it just fine the way it is, except I might like to see the ink running a little bit.
    I like this series of handwritten note images. Keep 'em coming!
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

Thread Information