Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Rainforest

Rainforest

Again, afdlips and I went to the Butterfly Pavilion. I don't know what the name of this flower is.

Edits, critiques, all are welcome.

Louis An Photography

--Canon Rebel XTi
    --18-55 mm EF
    --75-300 mm EF
    --10-17 mm fisheye
    --Adobe Photoshop CS3
    --Photomatix Pro

Re: Rainforest

I like this one... i really like the colours and i think it is aptly titled...

Very good shot...

upon closer inspection though, i think the focus is on the green leaf rather the flower.... if that is not the case however, then good!

I would also have liked to see more of the flower, but i am not so sure it would have been a better approach since i really like the imagery this shot gives me, the feeling that the flower is some kind of worm climbing towards the branch in the background!

But all in all, i would say this is a very good shot :thumbsup:

Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

I too think this is pretty good. I think your composition is making the most of this given scene/situation. Most might have chosen to center the flower, but doing so would have lost the elegant set-up that you have put together with this framing and comp. The lighitng is good on the flower and closest leaf, while the background leaves are darker and not a distraction. I do feel the focus is on the leaf behind the flower, whereas it would have been even better with the focus on the flower. However, the dew drops on the leaf in focus are pleasing to see sharp and so it still has a good effect. Good work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thanks a lot you guys, I tried brightening it up, but I too like it darker. It gives it more an auspicious feeling.
    Louis An Photography

--Canon Rebel XTi
    --18-55 mm EF
    --75-300 mm EF
    --10-17 mm fisheye
    --Adobe Photoshop CS3
    --Photomatix Pro

overall its quite nice.. it would benifit from the flower being more in focus but its passable as it is.. the under exposure kinda hides the out of focus factor..

trog

Thread Information