Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

profile reflection

Another reflection photo that I'm not sure about. What do you think? Which one of these works best, or should I scrap them?

Mike

Seb

Re: profile reflection

Quote Originally Posted by mikeup6
    Another reflection photo that I'm not sure about. What do you think? Which one of these works best, or should I scrap them?
    Mike
    Mike, I think that the effect is rather neat. I just wish that the eyes were better lit. These looks spooky. Interesting stuff.

Seb

I don't know your intention for these pics so I won't recommend scrapping them, but if I had to pick one, I would pick the first one. The overexposed area on the forehead of the second distracts me from the "purpose" of the picture (which I'm curious to what it is).

Interesting, but great black and white.

How can I say this diplomatically....?
    Sorry, mike......I would opt for scrapping.
    John

Thanks for the comments. I agree that the eyes are underexposed. Jared, I'm not quite sure what the purpose is either. I just wanted to try something new, so I've been experimenting with reflections. To me, the image has a very confused feel to it. John, I always appreciate an honest opinion.

Mike

Thread Information