Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Private

GB1

Private

Just a warm up shot, but curious if the Private sign adds anything?

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Private-_img0005_edit1_px800.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Private

Excellent shot.

IMHO the sign adds a touch of interest, as to say private property about the model's natural beauty. The dark line around her hand is distracting to me, otherwise great work.
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

Good shot GB. But I must say that despite the fact the shot is well exposed the light is too "common" I guess is the word....gives the impression of a grab shot which well...it is. With some PP work you can make it look more interesting...at least for my taste.

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

GB1

Thanks for the comments, fellows. It was indeed a warm up shot, but .. I see something here, like an ad for a winter coat .. all she needs is the coat (with hood) and a real background! (a ski slope?)

Bill, I also like the Private but I think it would be better farther over towards her. I also agree that the dark shadow is bad: I had to do a substantial amt of PP to this to get it good as you see it ... masking to change her, not the bkgd, etc. That's where the line appeared. It'll take a bit of work to remove it.

Rob, I see what you mean. It is a bit flat. It was via my Nikon d200's built in strobe.

G

My Site

.guess I am going to go with Rob on that. The model is simply gorgeous. The concept is good. The lighting is basically perfect, but too perfect. This model has a face and complexion that could do with some dramatic lighting. Dunno who she is, but if you have access, I would love to see something with a lot more dynamic range and contrast.

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by daq7
    .guess I am going to go with Rob on that. The model is simply gorgeous. The concept is good. The lighting is basically perfect, but too perfect. This model has a face and complexion that could do with some dramatic lighting. Dunno who she is, but if you have access, I would love to see something with a lot more dynamic range and contrast.
    Daq - here's her MM profile

http://www.modelmayhem.com/1450902

I agree -- she has so much potential it's sick. I like her stance, thin outline and even her pouty expression (which must be a teenage girl thing .. LOL)

My Site

I like this a lot!

Thread Information