Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: prince charming

prince charming

well i think these are toads and not frogs so i dunno if they can be princes, but my friend recently brought them up on a visit and i took this shot, tell me what you think.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Re: prince charming

i like the little bugger, but from my eye i would have liked more of a "face on" or lower perhaps would describe it simpler.

perhaps cut out the back a bit so it is more on the frog/toad and no background ?

dunno but that might be a little better ~ he seems lost in a forest of green leaves....

interested to see what others say.. cropping seems to be a struggle for me right now, but i think that's what i might do...

i put a piece of paper over the bottom most leaf and i think it focuses on the amphibian better but i does cut the pot in half. i am not sure how that affects the overall finish.

Now that is a great photo. Congratulations on the wonderful shot. The colours are perfect, and I am a huge fan of the "cenetered" composition you used and the perfect DOF. Top notch. There is only one minor issue for me: the leaves in the foreground lie outside of the DOF. Maybe shooting it at a slightly smaller apperature could have fixed this. Anywho, I will give this a 9/10, a rating I very rarely give .
    --The camera's role is not to interfere with the photographer's work--

--Cibachrome: It's like printing on gold.

--Edit my photos as part of your commentary if you want to.--

MB1

I like the colors and you got the critters eyes in the center of your DOF but it is too small as compared to the overall image. The other stuff is nice to set the scene but there is just too much of it and too little frog.
    No, I DON'T need that.

thanks for all your comments, if i have time later tonight or early tommorow ill probably crop and post again and see if its any better.

Thread Information